child

I've spent some time at my sister's house in Sunway.
was playing with my nephew the whole day.
last time I saw him he can only speak a few words.
W was "tatetu". and A-Z sounded like "ABCDEFG, HIJK nanana OP."
he has grown up a lot.
W is now "doube-you"
he can now pronounce A-Z perfectly.
he can spell many words.
he can speak longer sentences too.
he smiles a lot  :)
when I was alone in the room, he came and look for me.
"cikna, jom aa klua"
"cikna, mari aa duduk sini"
"cikna wat ape"
he stutter sometimes, of course. but seeing him trying to speak really touches me.
kids never get tired of trying, and doing the same thing all over again.
they never stop, well unless they are sleeping.
they are so carefree and full of energy.
they are real, superheroes.

I feel so... happy. and touched? I'm sure his parents are way happier than I am.. so this is the feeling. something which I cant describe. i would say, love?
kids are lovable. too lovable. they mean what they say.
"sayangg ibu" . I'm sure it means a lot to my sister.
sometimes, it is kids that remind adult what is love. right?

raising kids is the toughest job I would say.
thats why moms and dads are the most beautiful people.
you'll never get it, till you have your own kids.
me? I thought I get it. (well i don't have kids yet of course :P)
but naaah I think I still don't get it.
what I knew was only 1%
there is so much more to learn.

parents lain2, membentuk anak yg lain2.
sebab Kelantan banjir haritu, byk jumpa sepupu sepapat.
sepupu sepapat dan anak2 mereka.
ada yg anak sorang. ada anak dua. ada anak dah 7.
yg anak sorang tu anak dia pandai sangat.
yg anak dua tu, diorang 2 beradik sgt rapat and syg each other.
yg anak 7, walaupun semua kecik2 tapi sgt independent.

kids.
they don't just happened to grow as who they are.
they are nurtured and specifically designed.
by what they've seen and heard, around them. 

and I have been wondering what is the best way, to raise a child.
too soft and you will spoil them,
too harsh and you will destroy their feeling of self-worth.
if you treat them harshly they will grow up either sensitive or strong,
Sometimes both.

I've once read,
"kids are fragile. so motivate them, with tenderness. never push them away. pay attention to them"

It applies not to just kid, I think. it applies to all.
the world is too harsh that kindness have become so rare.
and everyone is trying to act tough,
faking smiles to pain that doesn't matter.
some hide it with sarcasm,
and some want to seal it so much they've become so rough.

why bother hiding when it's so obvious?

we were once brave enough,
to look weak.
when we're the cool kids.

Kids.
To raise another human you must first become a human yourself.
and I wonder,
am I human enough?

I've got so much more to learn, I think.
so my goal for 2015 is that,
I will become more.., 
human.?




0 Responses